2006/12/03

Here goes...


Ok, here goes... I'm not really much of a blogger, but for the past few years I have had some cool opportunities to work in the mobile web industry in Tokyo and Europe so I thought I'd start documenting some of the (to me, anyway) interesting things I come across in the mobile arena.

I love mobiles (I may occasionally refer to them as keitai) and creating web services. I even like having to learn about new technology "standards" every week or so as the industry speeds toward convergence of personal computer and mobile phone. There's also the opportunity to learn about the different business cultures in Japan and Europe. Sure, I wish I got out more, but I consider myself pretty lucky to have had the chance to live and work abroad. I also got to re-learn most of the Japanese I forgot from university. Well, some of it anyway.

So I'm off to a late start, having been in Tokyo and working in the Japanese and European mobile markets for almost 4 years now. From black-and white logos via SMS and 10K of memory available to Java apps to video streamng over HSDPA, 5 mega-pixel camera-phones and one-seg digital TV, it has been a real ride so far. Guess I'll just go about it, try to keep it interesting and not make this another work-rant blog.* Also, since the folks at Google have been cool enough to endow many of their services with mobile/keitai compatibility I would be remiss not to take advantage.

*Disclaimer: This will definitely contain work rants.

No comments: