2007/06/03

DIY LogoQ

About a month ago I wrote a little about Logo-Q and DesignQR and how they allow you to add images and logos within or integrated with QR-codes. It's not too difficult to see how they did it. Each QR-code can be broken down into pixel-like elements. If you just try to maintain the contrast between dark and light in the code you can make the codes much more interesting. When I get back to Holland I want to try this with some other barcode formats. These examples are a little crude, but not bad for 45 minutes of experimenting with Gimp. Especially considering that Logo-Q charges around 200,000 yen and up for one code. With a little refinement I could probably automate this:

  • Choose background color
  • Choose foreground color
  • Choose and place image
  • Choose dot pattern shape
Maybe I'll hack around with the Ruby qrencoder module or the qr-code Firefox addon.

No comments: